Besides Port Lockroy the Trust has taken on the conservation management of five other historic sites: Damoy Refuge, Detaille, Horseshoe, Stonington, and Wordie.
Stonington(HSM 64) (68°11'S, 67°00'W) ‘Base E’ on Stonington Island, Marguerite Bay, western Graham Land. The base was established in February 1946 and had two periods of operation from 1946–50 and 1960–75 when the base permanently closed. The famous polar explorer Sir Vivian Fuchs was the Base Commander in 1948 and 1949. The station closed in 1950 due to continuing difficulties in relief by ship, caused by bad sea ice conditions but reopened again in 1960 when a new hut was erected. The research in these later years focused on geology, glaciology and meteorology.
Stonington Island is also the location of the US ‘East’ base. The neighbouring American base was established in 1939 by the US Antarctic Service Expedition and then later reoccupied in 1947–48 by the private Finn Ronne Antarctic Expedition. This marked a period of cooperation between the two stations. The well trained British sledging teams provided ground control for the American aircrafts carrying out aerial photography. The data was made available to both expeditions.
The British Base E hut is of historical importance in the early period of exploration and later British Antarctic Survey (BAS) history of the 1960s and 1970s.
The site was designated a Historic Site and Monument in 1995. Conservation work is scheduled to start during the 2015/16 season by the UKAHT. There are an estimated 500 artefacts on site.