We're hiring: Freelance PR support
The UK Antarctic Heritage Trust (UKAHT) is seeking an experienced PR freelancer or small agency to provide comprehensive PR support to the organisation for an initial period of 12 months, with possibility for extension.
Our mission is to promote a greater public engagement with Antarctica through heritage conservation, storytelling and effective advocacy.
Through the care and conservation of six designated historic sites and monuments on the Antarctic Peninsula, we aim to engage, inform and inspire current and future generations with Antarctica’s heritage. We deliver and support a range of innovative public programmes to engage and inspire people of all ages with 250 years of British human endeavour in Antarctica.
Upon completion of the initial 12 month contract, you will have:
- Created and delivered an annual PR plan.
- Secured national coverage in top-tier publications and outlets for UKAHT’s key moments, as agreed in the annual PR plan, across a range of media including print and broadcast.
- Implemented a robust and frequent PR coverage reporting system, with active and regular reporting in place.
Targets and KPIs
Targets and KPIs will focus on but not be limited to: reach, active coverage, quality of coverage, sentiment analysis, key message delivery and earned traffic. KPIs will be finalised and agreed upon with the successful service provider as part of the fulfilment of this contact.
Summary of role and responsibilities
Shape and deliver a three year PR strategy that is informed by and supports the objectives of the organisation’s operational strategy.
- Provide a press office function, readily available to respond to press queries with quick turnaround as determined by the needs of the organisation. This includes providing out of hours press coverage during peak moments in the PR plan.
- Utilise your strong network of media contacts to secure opportunities for thought leadership pieces within the national press.
- Work closely with the UKAHT team to identify key moments of opportunity throughout the year and lead on the planning and delivery of respective PR campaigns. Notably, plan and deliver international, national and regional PR coverage around UKAHT’s 30th anniversary in 2023.
- Ensure cyclical seasonal campaigns feed into the media agenda effectively and are integrated with the agreed marketing and communications strategy.
- Develop comprehensive reporting and commentary to communicate results of key PR campaigns, initiatives and coverage to the wider team, trustees, partner organisations and other key stakeholders.
- Proactively generate ideas and PR opportunities to deliver the best possible result for maximum exposure, reach, supporter development and income generation. Notably, within the initial 12 month contract, a focus will be placed on improving the organisation’s retail and fundraising income streams through innovative and targeted PR coverage.
- Provide strategic PR counsel to the wider team and senior leadership when needed.
- Utilise deep media knowledge across a range of mediums to develop and deliver media training to the organisation’s spokespeople.
- Manage all image and video licensing procedures and requests on behalf of the organisation.
- To provide briefing and training on PR and media to the Antarctic teams to ensure content is captured effectively and opportunities are maximised.
Evaluation and selection criteria
The criteria for the award of the contract will be based on an assessment of the following:
- Proposed fee and hours.
- Ability to deliver the complete range of services as detailed in this brief.
- Relevant skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge.
How to submit a proposal
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by Monday 4 July 2022 and include the following:
1. Fee paid
Budget range for this initial 12 month contract is £30,000 - £40,000 total, excluding VAT. It is expected that this budget covers the full scope of services as detailed in this brief. As part of your proposal, please detail the hours per week you will allocate for the fee.
Proposals should include a detailed quote addressing the full scope of services. Quotes are to be inclusive of all fees, materials and expenses related to the delivery of the contract.
2. An outline PR plan (max 750 words total) detailing:
- How the scope of services, as detailed in this brief, will be delivered.
- An overview of your approach to the delivery of the organisation’s key moments throughout the next 12 months.
- How you plan to achieve the key objectives detailed in this brief.
- Provide a brief overview of your approach to implementing effective reporting and analysis.
3. Portfolio (max three pages of clippings or case studies)
Proposals should include examples of relevant successful PR campaigns and/or exposure secured within the past five years.
For a copy of the brief: Freelance PR Support
Deadline to submit proposals: Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews: Monday 18 July 2022, to be held online.