1950 - 1986
Conservation and Repair
The hut was not revisited again until the 1950s, when four French parties visited the site, at times reusing the Magnetograph House and Absolute Magnetic Hut to take magnetic observations. In the 1960s four visits were made by American, New Zealand and French expeditions, and in the early 1970’s the Australian National Antarctic Research Expedition (ANARE) visited four times. Reports on the deteriorating condition of the huts were made. In 1977 the first conservation work on the site was conducted by ANARE, and in 1984 and 1985 a private expedition, Project Blizzard, conducted extensive surveys and made critical repairs. In 1986 ANARE returned, preparing the first Conservation Management Plan for the site.